2nd day in rehab

Today was day 2 of rehab and my 1st time meeting my physio and OT for my stay.
I was again up nice and early with toast and jam. The physiotherapist and Occupational therapist came to see me briefly before lunch, but by the time I was done catching them up with my previous function, my current function and how I got from one to the other they both had to leave for a meeting so everything was postponed.
1st impressions ate they ate both lovely and have a relaxed attitude to therapeutic relationships, we chatted and laughed and generally I had a really good time ๐Ÿ˜‰ OT lady is going to refer me to community social services OT as an urgent case for major adaptations.
I also has a meeting with the catering manager. She seems lovely and didn’t seem at all put out by my massive list of dietary requirements! We agreed on food for today and tomorrow and she’s going to pop back after that to do the next few days.
Lunch arrived and it’s the 1st time I’ve had pasta since getting admitted (gluten free of course) and it was lovely, not at all like hospital food!
After lunch I read for a while then watched the birds and squirrels in the garden outside my window.
Physio lady came back early afternoon and we discussed my current physio plan and she gave me some ideas about posture training.
Pick an object or a word. Everything you see that object or hear that word, check and correct your posture. Eventually this will become second nature so you can add more objects or words till gradually you can maintain good posture all the time ๐Ÿ˜€

We also looked at my transfers, she was impressed ๐Ÿ˜€ I was too actually ๐Ÿ˜‰

After this she thought me a few more exercises with the theraband and said she’d get me the next strength up soon.
As we were doing this Mum and granny arrived to visit. We finished up and Physio lady went to chat to OT lady about bath transfers.

Then I finally got my bath! I did feel a bit bad about leaving Mum and granny to go and wash my hair (so clichรฉ).

After bath time I sat with Mum and granny and chatted and the gave me my post (including an amazing 3D card and some awesome craft projects from my friend Carla) and unveiled my new an improved room complete with my favorite orchid from home.


Mum and granny headed home soon after than and I took the time before tea to catch up with my poor neglected blog!
I have yet to make it as far ad my poor neglected email accounts!
Tea was lovely and I’m now tucked up in bed blogging with film 4 in the background.
Tomorrow I’m having more physio ๐Ÿ™‚ and I want to try and get some photos of the beautiful gardens here and the rooks nesting outside.ย 

It’s 15 mins till my last lot of meds for the day so I’ll sign off and do some physio ๐Ÿ™‚ night folks!

Leave a Reply