The Rehab Saga: 2nd Weekend Home

So saturday was a total write off, the allergic reaction drove me MAD. So so Itchy… I felt pretty toxic and lethargic all day and I don’t think its the double dose of antihistamines… I was starting to see some improvement with the ear infection tho so thats good.

I spent most of the day relaxing and reading in bed. I slept longer than I’d planned but I think I needed the extra sleep. I did send Addz to the corner shop for starburst and chocolate. (This is part of my flare up plan for low mood so I figure I’m fulfilling a goal there)

I spent the evening sat in a cool bath and eating antihistamines..pretty much anything I could do to avoid getting any itchier! I’m gonna say it again, allergic reactions suck.

Camera Uploads7

Sunday was a little bit more productive. I woke up at 8 and took my meds, did my ear drops and read for a while before getting up and dressed. I did some of my exercises, not many tho since getting hot or sweaty seems to massively aggravate my rash. I needed to go to Tesco to get prezzies for the rehab staff so I set out to wheel myself there, I made it half way down the ramp before realising one of my e-motion tyres was totally flat. Fantastic *NOT* I got dad to take a look and after fetching a mini compressor he got my tyres pumped up and I was ready to go! I wheeled to the tesco express all by myself, shopped, paid, (asked for help with plastic bags) packed and wheeled back. No injuries, no tachycardia, no flop afterwards. I think I’m getting better at pacing ๐Ÿ˜‰

After a short break I wrote out my thank you cards and put my posture knowledge into practice by assessing mum’s ironing position ๐Ÿ˜‰ haha If I have to improve my posture then I think I should get to pester other people too! hah!

After another break me and Addz got to work on reaching another of my weekend goals, Cooking myself a meal. With Addz as my Sous-Chef I made an omelette, (ham, mushroom, cheese and chive) Since I need to pace myself I was unfortunately not able to do the washing up afterwards ๐Ÿ˜‰

I finished the afternoon blogging, facebook-ing and packing ready for next week. I’m pretty much packed now and I’m relaxing before an early night.

I was planning on re-dying my hair tonight, my dip dye is seriously faded but I think given that I’m already having an allergic reaction I’d be pushing my luck with added chemicals! maybe next week!

I’m just going to finish the evening with some exercises and I’ll be off to dream land!

Ciao for now!

1 thought on “The Rehab Saga: 2nd Weekend Home

Leave a Reply